Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day in the life Fall 2012



It's that time again!  I'm following along with http://navigatingthemothership.blogspot.com/ and doing another day in the life post.

1:00AM Kaylee is up. Bummer, she has been sleeping better than this.  We nurse and we both fall asleep in my bed but she is restless.

3:00AM and 5:00AM more nursing- this has been a long night.

7:00AM up for the day and neither of us look very happy about it!
7:05 We stagger out to the dining room and find Daddy and Brady doing rocket math


 7:10 I work on getting Brady's lunch together.  I pack it the night before but I have to heat up things in the morning.  Today his lunch is veggies (carrots, broccoli, and peppers) two clementines, a cheese stick, a hamburger, ketchup, and throat coat tea.  He has been drinking tea every day since the first day of school.  He loves it and asks for it every day!
 7:15 I set Brady's school clothes on the edge of the couch where he is playing.  He is not quite ready to get dressed.

 7:20 Kaylee is finally ready to go potty.  She doesn't like to go first thing when she wakes up.
 7:25 Brady and I race to see who can get ready first.

 7:30 I try to sit down and check e-mail and facebook before I have to get Brady to school, but Kaylee is having none of it.

 8:00 Off to school- I apparently didn't take any breakfast pictures, but the kids each had a frozen yogurt tube and mini homemade pumpkin  muffins.
 8:02 Dance party on the way to school.  I did just aimed the camera back and didn't look at what I was getting, but they turned out ok :)

 8:03 Brady catches this picture of me driving him to school and the sun rising!
 8:05 Goofball getting out of the car at school.  2 days in a row he asked me to walk him all the way to his classroom.  Usually I drop him at the door, but I don't mind walking him all the way down.
 8:20 I stopped by the library on my way home to drop off an overdue book and caught this picture at the stoplight of the scarecrow Brady's class made that is outside the ice cream shop!
 8:25-10:25 Playdate with a friend!  Kaylee has her brother's baby carrier on with a baby in the pack.
10:25-12:15 I get a call from the Montessori Preschool that I am the school manager for saying that our licensing inspector is there and I need to come over.  Our playdate gets cut short, bummer but the inspection goes well.  I have no pictures of this because it is pretty boring, but Kaylee plays in the room with us with toys and does very well.

12:15 Home!  Quick snack of a cheese stick before I get Kaylee down for her nap since it will be too short if I don't get her down soon.  She snacked all morning so I'm not worried about her missing a big lunch.
12:20 Time for a nap
12:30 She is down!

12:40 Lunch time for me- leftover salad and a veggie burger

12:45 While I eat I get some work done for my Montessori Preschool School Manager job.
1:30 Leftover birthday cake from the weekend

1:35 Packing snacks to take to watch my friends kids after school while she teaches a class.  It is so beautiful out that we are going to just play on the playground the whole time.


1:45 Time to unload and reload the dishes from the birthday party this weekend before I head to school for pick up.
2:20 Time to wake up Kaylee from her nap to go pick up kids at school and let the dog in so he doesn't go crazy outside while I'm gone.

2:35-5:00 Playground time!
5:00 I need to head to the Chiropractor and Brady asks to walk.  We have just enough time to make it there by 5:15 but I forget to take pictures.  We walk there and back and get home around 6:00.

6:00 Dinner- Chicken sausages on the grill.  Brady and Kaylee help Daddy!  There is also a lot of goofy craziness going on as usual for this time of day :)











6:25 Kaylee wants to nurse in the bed so we head back to do that and have a nice snuggle.
6:35 I need to shower and Kaylee decides to take one with me and suddenly loves the water pouring on her head.  This has never been the case before!  Brady and Daddy play.

7:00 Bed time for Brady and I head to dance.  This is not my usual dance time but I need to make up a class.
9:30 Home and Kaylee is mad that I have been gone so long.  She generally goes to bed around 9:00 so she is a little late tonight.  We nurse again and she goes right to sleep.  Jason and I watch a little hulu and then get our evening "chores" done.  He heads out to the chicken/duck/turkeys and I get Brady's lunch, snack, and clothes ready for the next day.  I also get snacks ready for Kaylee and I to head to playgroup the next day.

11:00 BED! And just for good measure I had to throw in this cute picture I took the next morning :)  And a note- Kaylee then proceeded to sleep through the night the next night!  I never know with her!









2 comments:

Navigating the Mothership said...

Fun day!

Someday we'll have to plan a visit to see your place & animals! My kiddos would be fascinated :)

Rachael said...

Looks like a good day. I hope Kaylee starts sleeping more consistently for you.

And thanks for the idea of clementines for school lunches. My daughter loves those but I haven't bought them in the longest time. She's getting sick of apples.